DATA PROTECTION – GDPR
For additional legal pages, click on the links below.
Please read the details outlined in this document to better understand how your data is used. This document has been prepared in order to be compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules implemented by the European Union on May 25, 2018.
What data does DanieBotha.com collect about its users?
The following information may be collected about this site's users:
- First and last name
- Email address
- IP addresses where using YourGlobalFamily from
- Facebook account and page details
- Twitter account details
- Mobile telephone number
The following information may be collected by third parties but not stored by them:
Credit card information (upon purchase of paid product)
DanieBotha.com usage statistics
What does DanieBotha.com use this data for?
This data is primarily used for contacting my users, ascertaining their location to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations, and providing essential functionality.
When I ask for information, I do so only at the time that it's required. I do not ask for, store or collect information that I do not need.
Who is allowed to access this data?
The following is a list of third party services that may access your data at various times:
- Google Analytics
- Amazon AWS
How is data secured and stored?
Your data is securely stored in industry-leading data centers. These include servers protected by PGP encryption protocols, SSL certificates, and password and API keys that are regularly cycled.
In addition to this, the following precautions have been made:
- Database access is strictly limited to those requiring it
- Server access is strictly limited to those requiring it
- Administrator roles are designed such that those performing routine administrative tasks do not gain access to data that is not relevant to their role
How would DanieBotha.com handle a potential data breach?
In the unlikely case of a data breach, the following steps will be followed:
- Site, server and database access will temporarily be disabled
- All passwords and security certificates will be changed
- This site's subscribers will be emailed and notified of the breach
- An internal investigation will be started to ascertain as much as I can about the breach
- The DanieBotha.com site, server and databases will be re-enabled once they've been proven to be secure
- Changes will be made, and documented, to prevent a similar breach in the future
- A follow up an email will be sent to all of subscribers, detailing what I've learned from the investigation, along with the steps to prevent future breaches
How can I delete my data?
Please Contact Me to request your account, and it's associated data, to be deleted from DanieBotha.com and associated servers.
How can I export my data?
Please contact me to request your account, and its associated data, to be exported from DanieBotha.com.
Who is the Data Protection Officer?
Data Protection Officer:
P.O. Box 5506
Dakota Crossing PO
R2N 0A0 Canada
If you have any other questions that were not addressed here, please feel free to contact me at:
Last updated on September 20, 2018.